Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Presentation: The OO design principles


This is my presentation about OO software design principles: http://www.slideshare.net/intellizhang/the-oo-design-principles
I created this presentation at least 4 months ago in July this summer. I realized the problem in our team: there is no software design, no refactoring, so many duplicated code ... etc, the code is just messy and hard to maintain. The worse is that most of my colleagues does not realize the problem, it seems they are quite comfortable with the messy code, seems that messy code is reasonable; or they feel the problem but don't know how to solve it, and my manager think that we are so busy now, we don't have time to think about the design, and refactoring is just some extra stuff. WHICH IS TOTALLY WRONG!
That is the reason I made this presentation, try to inspire my colleagues and my manager that there are better ways to coding, we should follow the right way, then we can deliver faster and better product.

So far there are not many feedback in my team for this slide, I don't know when I can make this presentation in my team, so I decide to put it in public, hope this can be useful for other people.

The whole slide is copied from the following two books:
1. Agile Software Development: Principles, Patterns, and Practices, by Uncle Bob

2. The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master, by Dave Thomas and Andy Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment